Message from KHYF: Issues – past and present
A mail sent today from KHYF to students registered in the courses currently. The mail has two attachments, one of which was previously published as Thread on relationship between KYM and KHYF.
Greetings from Krishnamacharya Healing & Yoga Foundation
We understand that many of you are receiving mails, opinions and comments about past issues and the current situation. With more and more people being mis-led by the emails circulating around, KHYF’s silence has also been misinterpreted, thus leaving much in doubt.
We take this opportunity to keep you properly informed about a few issues that might have some relevance to you.
An email copy of the Investigation report relating to the ‘2007 issue’ (that people are raising today) that was sent to us is given below. The matter was dealt with in all seriousness, and both parties (Kausthub, and those who made the allegations against him) were asked to appear for interrogation. While Kausthub made an appearance, the other party did not show up at all. Given that a fair chance was given to both parties and that the case was closed having found nothing, KHYF has not hidden any facts from anyone. You can read the email (attached below) to see what the Panel’s Investigation Report had to say. Since then, all brochures of KHYF relating to training programs have the provision for participants to address their grievances.
We have also been questioned about who Sriram or others is, why are they sending mails around, etc. We suggest that you direct these questions to Mr. Sriram or the others directly. We see that these emails contain many exaggerations, false judgements and personal opinions. We would like to stay close to facts, not opinions. We are not clear about the intention behind these emails and would not want to comment on the same.
An attachment which talks about the KHYF-KYM relationship is also given below for your information.
KHYF’s task at the moment is to protect the teachings of the great Yogi T Krishnamacharya and the reputation of this organization whose primary focus is to spread these teachings. Just as we will focus on the path ahead of us with sincerity and positivity, may each of you reflect on your goals with clarity and proceed further.
Thank you for giving us this opportunity to be heard. We sincerely appreciate it.
Ms. Anupama Das
Krishnamacharya Healing & Yoga Foundation
The first attachment to the mail, an artifact titled – Panel Report 2007
A panel consisting of Mr S Sridharan, Managing trustee of KYM and Dr (Mrs) Latha Satish, Psychologist, and Mr. TKV Desikachar, founder of Krishnamacharya Healing and Yoga Foundation, was constituted to take up the matter of allegations brought against Mr. Kausthub Desikachar by Mrs. Saraswathi Vasudevan and Mr. Ante Pavlovic. Consequent to these letters a student of Mr. Kausthub Desikachar’s, approached Mr. TKV Desikachar and made some allegations as the affected party.
The panel reviewed the information at hand, and invited the necessary parties (Mr. Kausthub Desikachar, Mrs. Saraswathi and the student who had spoken to Mr. TKV Desikachar) to the discussion table to clarify and resolve the issue.
The panel scheduled its first meeting on 30th July 2007, and was in session from 9 Am to 12 noon. Only Mr Kausthub Desikachar attended the meeeting and presented his side of the case with all available documentation. The other parties who made direct allegations against him, did not make an appearance.
The panel repeated its request to the parties concerned to arrive at a second meeting that would include persons of repute who have no connection with KYM/KHYF. Mr. Kausthub Desikachar was willing to participate even in this second panel. However, even 6 days after this offer was made, there was no response to participate by those who had allegations against Mr. Kausthub Desikachar.
The panel hence decided to close the case, with the following conclusions and recommendations. A full report of the proceedings with a chronology of events concerning this issue has been documented and filed in the KYM/KHYF.
1) Considering the fact that the concerned parties who made direct allegations against Mr. Kausthub Desikachar, refused repeated requests to participate in the Internal Investigation, as well as reviewing the evidence provided by Mr. Kausthub Desikachar, the panel can only conclude that there is no basis on which these allegations can be substantiated or validated.
2) The panel has also decided that, since all parties were given a fair chance at hearing, and only Mr. Kausthub Desikachar was willing to participate, it now considers the matter to be closed permanently.
1) The panel has offered advice to Mr. Kausthub Desikachar on avoiding and resolving similar conflicts in future.
2) The panel recommends that the KHYF evolves guidelines on ethical and moral conduct of teachers and students, that could be followed by its members worldwide.
3) The panel has recommended that a Grievances Office be created for both the KYM/KHYF, so that future complaints can be handled effectively and discreetly. Based on the nature of the complaint, the Grievances Office can wiill evolve appropriate processes to deal with the specific cases. The Grievances Office will also evolve guidelines on how the procedure of Submitting and Following through a Grievance Process.
4) The panel has recommended that Mrs. S Rajeshwari, Senior Trustee of the KYM, be the Chair Person of the Grievances Office, and all future grievances pertaining to teachers and staff of the KYM/KHYF must be only addressed to her, and no one else.
TKV Desikachar, S Sridharan & Dr. Latha Satish
05 August 2007, Chennai, INDIA
The second attachment was posted here previously as Thread on relationship between KYM and KHYF.